Prevention & Treatment
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration - Division of Mental Health and Addiction is charged with addressing problem gambling.
Current activities include the following:
- Problem Gambling Treatment
- Prevention/Awareness/Education Activities
- Problem Gambling Counselor Training
- Problem Gambling Help Line (800)-994-8448
- Voluntary Self Exclusion Program (VEP)
- Support of the annual Midcentral Alliance Conference on Problem Gambling and other Alliance Projects
These activities are funded with dedicated dollars generated from admissions to the Indiana casinos. Up to $3,000,000 is available each year to support these and other addiction activities. This fund is referred to as the Problem Gamblers' Fund.